Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Technique Tuesday On Wednesday: Looking For Lines In All The Right Places: Part 1

Good Afternoon Everybody,

No ExcusesOK, no excuses for not making yesterday’s post on time – ok, one excuse.  I just ran out of time. I was about to sit down and get started at 4:00 p.m. yesterday and then we had an unexpected visitor show up – LaDawn’s son, Joshua.  We both decided the blog could wait until today and instead had a nice visit.

In all honesty, sometimes the blog can be overwhelming and seem to take precedence over everything else in the day, including family.  Yesterday I just decided that it was not going to happen.

The delay let me put even more time into today’s post making it a really strong Technique Tuesday (on Wednesday) and I hope you enjoy it. 

Looking For Lines In All The Right Places: Part 1

Today the topic is one of my favorites, composition.  I don’t care if you’re a wedding, portrait, commercial, or senior photographer – a great photograph always has great composition.

In today’s post I’m going to walk you through one of my favorite places to work in Cincinnati, OH – the Cincinnati Club, a very popular venue for weddings and other social events. You’ll see why in today’s tutorial.

After the video walk through I did a series of images in the same space.  This tutorial will show you what goes on during my creative process when composing images for my clients and how that pre-visualization and some simple creative lighting helps me capture the final result I’m looking for.

Why not hit the PLAY button below and enjoy the show.

______________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  I still have to complete three articles for Photoshop World happening in just a couple of weeks, get a newsletter together, and pack for the North Carolina State Convention.  I hate to say it…. then it gets busier in March – and I thought I was trying to slow things down – maybe next year ;~)

Have a good one everybody and I hope to see you tomorrow,  -David

2 comments: