Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Reaching For Heaven"

Cathedral Wide

"View From The Front"
© David A. Ziser

And that’s exactly the way I feel when I view this image – what a reach to the heavens it is! This image was made at the St. Mary's Cathedral Basilica in Covington, Kentucky. It is one of the most beautiful sanctuaries in the region.

I always check beforehand with the priest asking permission to take a few shots from this location - it's never been a problem but it's a simple, courteous question to ask.

From this location, with a very wide lens on my camera – the widest lens/camera DSLR combination possible we can capture and unbelievably dramatic view of the architecture.

Camera specs; Canon 5D fitted with Sigma 12-24mm lens at 12mm, F4.5 @ 1/30 second, ISO 1600. Enjoy! --David

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, David, for sharing so much of your work with us. I, as a Catholic priest, really appreciate your thoughtfulness toward the clergy in a wedding liturgy. This weekend, I had two weddings, and, for the exchange of vows at each wedding, a photographer and a videographer stood at each of my shoulders. We can seem pretty angry toward photographers when these things happen (although I kept my cool). What's more, they blocked the parents' view of the actual exchange of vows. I mean, Scott Kelby can't walk out on the ice to photograph a hockey game. I'd love to see some handy guidelines that could be shared with wedding photographers. Anyhow, thanks for the allowing me to rant.

    ReplyDelete