Monday, November 17, 2008

"Showing A Little Attitude"

"Showing A Little Attitude"
© David A. Ziser

I love this image of this young lady - how she's dressed, that look in her eyes as she peers directly back into the camera, and the subtle lines trailing off in the background combine to create a quite strong connection with the viewer. This image was made outside where the ambient light was quite bright. I used my "Cheatin' Flash" technique to darken the surrounds an appropriate amount so that the subject would "pop" from the scene. Illumination was provided by my off-camera flash positioned to the subject's right to give that beautiful loop lighting to her face. Camera specs; Canon 30 fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 170mm, F7.1 @ 1/320 second, ISO 200. Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. Great image. I love this technique and you have nailed it perfectly. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete