Monday, November 10, 2008

"Ready To Walk The Aisle"

"Ready To Walk The Aisle"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image at this past Saturday's wedding. The bride had just finished getting ready and I asked her just to peak back at me for a quick shot. I wanted more that just the simple available light image - I wanted something a bit more dramatic. I asked my assistant to bring in the Z-Ray and just illuminate her beautiful face. I had the result I wanted, the bride spot lighted with the light slowly falling off into the shadows. The window captured in the reflection of the mirror offered a nice contrast to the rest of the scene. My client loved it and so do I. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 40mm, F 6.3 @ 1/100, ISO 1600.
Enjoy! -David

4 comments:

  1. David, doesn't that Z-Ray have about a million candle power?
    Is your assistant shooting it from across the street? How do you keep from vaporizing the subject?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo David.

    At ISO 1600, I would expect that there is a bit of noise in the photo.

    Did you use Noise Ninja in this example?

    How often do you find yourself using Noise Ninja?

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David how do you take a picture like this one with a mirror and not end up in the photo yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David,

    I had the pleasure of attending this wedding and its reception, and I have to say that I really enjoyed watching your team work the events. Not that they were intrusive at all, but they really seemed to enjoy their work, which is nice to see. Nicholas was especially helpful to a somewhat drunk amateur with more camera (if I'm honest) than he knew what to do with, giving me some great advice on using available light at the reception. I got some of my best captures of the night after talking to him. Would you mind passing along my thanks? I very much look forward to seeing whatever more of your work the bride and groom decide to share.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete