Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Wild Blue Yonder"

"Wild Blue Yonder"
© David A. Ziser

I had another image planned for today, but after looking at some of the images I made during the flight to London, I decided to go with this one. I love the colors. I remember looking out the window of the plane as we lifted off. After a few minutes, the evening sun started to do it's thing. We were on the opposite side of the plane for the sunset. But still, the way the light caught the clouds in the distance, lit up the sky, and glinted off the jet wing right outside my window. It was just beautiful. I couldn't wait to get a better peek in Lightroom. Here the image, one of my favorites, slightly tweaked in Lightroom. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with (my new) 18-200 IS lens at 32mm, F 5.0 @ 1/160 second, ISO 1600. Enjoy! -David

4 comments:

  1. Nice colors! Would enjoy hearing more about your thoughts on the 18-200 lens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. Looks like you had a "good" window to shoot through. I am going to be posting a picture today from my flight back from Hickory, NC. A little tweaking in photoshop, mainly to try and get rid of the spots on the window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful image and tones,Great another job from you,Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heartstopping! Breathtaking! Shockingly beautiful :)

    I'm just trying to catch up with your posts. I had 48 of them piled up in my reader. The problem is, you're too productive, it takes its time and it would be a pity to skip something. Sigh!

    Btw: you're in good company. Mark "The Landscapist" Hobson is on the other pile :))

    ReplyDelete