Friday, November 21, 2008

"Rocky Mountain High"

"Rocky Mountain High"
©David A. Ziser

This is one of my favorite images from this week's posts. Again, a very simple and beautiful composition with the soft bend of the split rail fence complimenting the curve of the bride's figure as she stands there against the fence. Once again, it's the lighting that makes this such an enjoyable image. Can you imagine how different the result would have been without that directional light coming in from the left side - quite flat, one dimensional, and very, very ordinary. I think this image sings it's Rocky Mountain High theme with the three aspects of color, composition, and lighting all coming together for a great bridal portrait. Camera specs; Canon5D fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 150mm, F 5.6 @ 1/250 second, ISO 100. Enjoy! -David

P.S. You can see exactly how I worked this image in Photoshop to achieve my final result. Here is the link right here.

3 comments:

  1. What about the rule that says dont cut off the brides dress is there a reason for that beuing done here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...Would you like to exchange link with my PR4 blog http://varunwithu.blogspot.com/ and PR1 Travel blog http://travelaroundtheasia.blogspot.com/ , if interested please add my following blog and let me I will also add yours.
    Thanks,
    Varun

    ReplyDelete
  3. David,
    that was a really attactive shot! I noticed the pine trees in the bg which you deliberately under-exposed for effect. Reminds me of a difficulty with those fine pine needles. They tend to come out like blocks of colors with fuzzy details for me. Seems they are a challenge to even the L lenses' resolving power. I was giving them normal exposure though.
    Do you have any tips on how to deal with these pine trees so ubiquitous in the West?

    ReplyDelete