Monday, November 03, 2008

"Ring Of Love"

"Ring Of Love"
© David A. Ziser

I told my buddy I was going to post this image today. It was one of the images from the wedding I covered for him on Saturday. I had see this shot done before - I don't quite remember where - but I thought it was kind of fun. After arriving on site Saturday, I eventually found my way to where the guys were hanging out and the first thing I spotted was the bible sitting on the table opened to Corinthians. One of the groomsman was rehearsing his reading for the wedding. After saying hi to everyone, the best man produces the wedding ring and proceeds to show it around to everyone. That image I had seen somewhere on the Internet popped into my mind and I thought I could pull it off here. I asked my assistant to grab my Z-Ray as I positioned the wedding band in the page crease of the bible. My assistant simply back-lit the ring with my Z-Ray causing the ring to cast the shadow of a heart on the pages of the bible. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 18-200mm IS lens at 110mm , F 13 @ 1/500 second, ISO 1600.
Enjoy! -David

8 comments:

  1. Nice image. I'd bet this is a popular curiosity for an album.

    Is that a Lightroom local adjustments brush indicator in the upper right corner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also copied this from a similar photo I saw a while back. Here's my version.
    http://flickr.com/photos/johnwmacdonald/390331142/

    The set up pic is here:
    http://flickr.com/photos/johnwmacdonald/390390672

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for showing that just because someone else has already done a similar image doesn't mean its not a great shot that any couple wouldn't love to have.

    -Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one. What a great idea. I didn't know it would make a heart. I'll be adding this to my brain for future opportunities.

    Gav

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you use 1 Corinthians 13.8 you have the words "love never fails" thats the verse I use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love doing this type of image.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonbellphotography/2304639982/in/set-72157603976718143/

    Cheers
    Jase

    ReplyDelete
  7. on the lens.. 18-200... whose lens? canon? sigma?
    thx and GREAT idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Probably you've seen my photograph of the engagement ring I offered my wife!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonbellphotography/2304639982/in/set-72157603976718143/

    ReplyDelete