Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"Close To The Big Day"

"Close To The Big Day"
© David A. Ziser

This is an image I made on Friday at the synagogue before this young man's Bar Mitzvah the next day. This congregation practices Conservative Judaism Jewish faith which took institutional form in the United States in the early 1900s. That means that when I have an event at this synagogue, no images can be made during the actual event which is during the Holy Sabbath. As a result, we schedule a photo session which captures the highlights of the service on the Friday before the Saturday service. In addition to all the photographs I make with Rabbi and the family members, I also like to get a few images of the young man or young lady within the surrounds of the temple interior in which they will conduct a substantial part of the Saturday service. I think these images convey a sense of responsibility that the young Bar Mitzvah knows he is accepting on his/her important day and add that part of the story to the final album. Camera specs; Canon 40D fitted with 10-22mm lens at 14mm, F5.6 @ 1/50 second, ISO 800. Light, of course, coming from about 8 feet from the right, my flash shooting through my standard translucent umbrella. Enjoy! -David

1 comment: