Friday, November 16, 2007

Follow Up To Largest Family Portrait Ever

So how did he do that with 5 families? Yesterday I posted a piece about my friend, Kent Smith's, super big 8 x 2 foot family portrait. You can re-read the story right here.
Kent sent me a follow up email that describes how he kept the proper perspective for each family in the final composite.
So here is the "rest of the story" as told by the man himself, "Here is one of the group images that kind of shows how we took the images of the separate families over the 3 month period. We had the spot on the floor marked where they would stand in the same lighting arrangement and we also had the ruler positioned on that same line so we could calibrate head sizes when we mended the final piece which was almost 8 feet by 2 feet tall. We also did different groupings of the separate families so we could sell them individual family groups as well as the final 28 persons family image.

Hey Kent, thanks for the sizing tip - I'm taking my yard stick with me tomorrow. I only have two families to do, but it's a week apart for the two shoots.

No comments:

Post a Comment