Friday, November 02, 2007

"Right of Passage"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image at the recent Bat Mitzvah of the daughter of very good client of ours. I usually take these images during the last rehearsal, usually on Thursday, before the Saturday ceremony. The image was made in Plum Street Temple, the third largest reformed synagogue in the world and clearly one of the most beautiful. I really like how that wide angle "distortion" really captures the architecture of the temple's interior and at the same time features the Bat Mitzvah as she stands there where she will soon be "Rabbi for the day".
Image specs: Canon 5D fitted with Sigma 12-24 mm lens - F6.3 @1/15 second at ISO 800. Enjoy! --David

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mr. Ziser, I see you've got a sigma 12-24. I'm thinking about purchasing this lens (on a 40D body).What are your experiences with it ? Is the aperature fast enough for most applications ? I'd appreciate it if I got some advice from a pro :)

    Thanks

    Bart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am desperate looking for an answer to my editing needs with the 5D II. I have tried MAGIX, Adobe premiere elements, corel studio and nothing seems to work properly. Everything is jerky, crashes, slow...I am a ANIMOTO user but the files are super heavy to just load them up the way they are. I know you fuse still and clips, and I saw you in Chicago but forgot my very important question: What do you use?

    Thanks

    PS: Your presentation was excellent. I am sticking to the power and perseverance of Hernel!!! That was a great story.

    ReplyDelete