Thursday, November 08, 2007

A Blast From the Past

I was really surprised when I saw this over at PhotoshopEssentials.com. It showed a tutorial on how to put a wedding couple in a wine glass. I thought it was interesting because wedding photographers were doing that very thing without Photoshop over 40 years ago. I remember owning a Curtis Matte Box that even supplied the "Glass of wine" transparency.

My caution to anyone considering this kind of imagery - bride and groom hovering above the ceremony, the groom in the bride's head silhouette (I had a bride years ago ask me for this particular shot, she called it the "Brain Shot"), et. al. can be considered fairly passe. Here is an entire discussion link on just the subject right here. But if you want the Photoshop technique, here is the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment