Tuesday, March 06, 2012

"Midnight Revelers"

Backlit Dance w-fish-IMG_1321

"Midnight Revelers"

© David A. Ziser

This is a photograph from a wedding a few years ago. You may recognize it from my Captured By The Light book – it was an image from the featured wedding in Chapter 11. It was taken near the end of the evening after most of the guests departed. I wanted to create some long, strong shadows with the last few people on the dance floor.

I used my Sigma 8mm Fisheye lens to enhance the shadows and capture the colorful and unusual room features. I had my assistant head to the other side of the room and hide behind the revelers. I was firing my remote controlled Quantum T5d at 1/4 power which created the shadows I wanted.

Camera specs: Canon 40D fitted with Sigma 8mm Fisheye lens, F4.0 @ 1/20 second, ISO 1600.  Enjoy! --David

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the photos you get from a fisheye lens are amazing. I wouldn't use it in every situation but there are certain ones where they just work better than others.

    ReplyDelete