Thursday, March 29, 2012

"And Justice For All"

Justice For All
"And Justice For All"
©David A. Ziser
 
I captured this image yesterday after our tour the the Capitol.  With the Supreme Court hearings wrapping their third day of testimonies, quite a crowd had gathered on the steps in front of the Supreme Court Building.  I just had to head that way and take some photographs.  Hey, I was a child of the sixties, been there, done that ;~)

I got some great images of the cameras, protestors, and curious on-lookers.  It was kind of cool to be in the mist of this historical moment.  The Washington, D.C. police were on hand to be sure order was served and the assembled crowd did seem calm enough.

I asked the police officer, who was quite a nice guy, if I could get his photograph in front of the court building and he gladly obliged. I made the image with my brand new Canon fisheye lens but with judicious pixel manipulation in Lightroom 4, was able to remove the curvature of the Fisheye lens and straighten most of the vertical distortion.

I still left a bit of the vertical distortion for the added effect for this image.  I see the officer in the foreground, the American flags flanking and framing the image, and the Supreme Court in the background against the rich blue sky as “standing tall” and assuring “Justice For All.”
Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark 3 fitted with Canon 8-15mm fisheye lens at 14mm, F16 @ 1/2000 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. please tell us why iso 800???thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Ziser:
    i've been following your blog since a year almost.
    it's such a inspiring one.
    i'm into photogaphy since 1990, and find your advises very nice.
    also i'd like to thank you for the background color change on this page.
    the black bg with white text always make my eyes hurt. thanks, now it would be a 100% pleasure to read you.
    best regards.
    rodrigo unda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi everybody,
    Thanks for the comments. I like the new look too. Why ISO 800 - I was shooting indoors a few minutes before and didn't change ISO back. David

    ReplyDelete