Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wednesday News and Tips

Great Shoot Yesterday
This image was from a "Senior Session" I photographed yesterday. The heat settled down here in Cincinnati, so the weather perfect for the shoot although I was wishing for a bit more shade. I used a Canon 30D fitted with a 70-200mm F2.8 IS lens. I made the expose at F4 to reduce depth of field to throw the background way out of focus. Shutter speed was set to 1/320sec. (I know native sync speed is 1/250 sec.) See the technique explained in my past newsletter #11 - here. All this at ISO 100. Off camera flash - Quantum T5d -was fired with my Quantum Freewire radio control. The flash supplied the main exposure giving me my much loved "loop light" pattern on the subject, and the ambient supplied the fill. Check out this link for a great explanation of "Loop Lighting."

By the way, if you want to sign up for our monthly newsletter - just click here.

Back to the Future
Anyone still remember the old Polaroid cameras (I sure do, I just had a birthday yesterday) - you know, the picture in a minute. Well, here is a new twist on an old idea. It seems a company - Zink Zero Ink- click here for info, is introducing a camera that will do just that later this year. As the photo world turns - always something interesting.

Changing Hair Color
I just found this short 5 minute tutorial on how to change hair color. The tutorial style is a bit different - no spoken words, just text, music, and mousing - but worth a peek. I did have the music set fairly low though. Click here to watch the video.

Another Freebie
I just ran across this new freebie and downloaded it - remember, you have to download and install today for the software to be no charge. Software to recover data from scratched discs seemed to be a useful utility, so I thought it was worth a look. Click here for the link.


That's it for today. Check out Suzette Allen's "Cloud Brushes" demo too and don't forget to check out the news items on the right.

Have a great one. --David

No comments:

Post a Comment