Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday - Good Things Happening - 3 of 3

More News and Resources:

Cool Scanning Service:
I was just reviewing some older posts - being sure I didn't miss anything - and came across this interesting post on Scott Kelby's site. He mentioned the nifty service that would take all those negatives still in the shoebox and scan them into high res images for about $.19. I checked out the site right here at ScanCafe, and I think they've got something there. As a Hasselbald shooter for years , my negs are a bit bigger, so I wish they offered the service for the "medium format" shooters of years past. Anybody got and suggestions in that department?

Gobs of Photoshop Tutorials:
I thank John Sullivan, one of our readers, for this great link. If you want months of Photoshop tutorial pleasure, then just head over to Wikivid.com - here is the link. They have over 450 tutorials for viewing. They are all over the board too, but many are pretty darn good. One I enjoyed was by the doctor himself - Russel Brown. If you have never seen a program by Mr. Brown they are both extremely informative and "belly laughing" funny. Here is a link to his tutorial entitled - Healing Brush tool, and Vanishing Point. This one takes a bit of time to load, but it is worth the wait. Here is another example. It's by the folks over at Lynda.com and covers how to set up some important user preferences in Photoshop. Here is the video link. This tutorial is actually the second of two parts, but had the best info in it. Enjoy Wikivid.com! Great rainy day surfing.

Freebie of the Day: Buffer Zone
BufferZone Security Pro lets you download files from any website, run any program, and open any email attachment with complete safety. BufferZone’s virtualization technology creates an isolated zone on your PC, which separates your operating system and confidential data from unknown programs, downloads and files. Here is the link - looks interesting to me.

High Speed Photography:
I have always been a fan of high speed photography. I was always originally turned on to these images when I saw some of the images created by Harold Edgerton back in my collage days. Click here to see some of those images. Anyway, I found this very interesting post that I thought you might enjoy. Here is the link.

That's it for today. Have a great weekend - see you Monday. --David

1 comment:

  1. David, you might want to check out my eclipse photos. I was out from 1:00 AM untill 5.
    imagesontile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete