Tuesday, July 14, 2009

"Only Moments To Go"

Only Moments Away"Only Moments To Go" 
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image from Saturday's wedding. We had just  finished taking all of the group photographs and in the few minutes remaining, I suggested we get a few more shots from the balcony overlooking the room. I thought a beautiful image of the bride against the spectacular setting of the room  would add nicely to the wedding day coverage as well as a very beautiful wedding portrait. I illuminated the bride with my Z-Ray [link]. It's easy for the assistant to see the exact lighting pattern he places upon the bride's face because the Z-Ray is a constant source. I adjusted the shutter speed to pick up the ambient light of the room, posed the bride in a strikingly, classic profile view, used a larger aperture to soften the background, and took the photograph. The bride loved the image. Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 58mm, F5.6 @ 1/30 second handheld,  ISO 2000  Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. Lovely picture, though I have a question on composition/priority. The room background seems slightly atilt (rotated clockwise by a degree or so). The bride's angle seems very pleasing. Is the skew in the background from geometry, shooting angle, or could the bride have been slightly tilted and required rotation to make her look right? To what degree do you care about the background alignment? I don't do events at this point, but I'm trying to learn. As you said, the bride was thrilled, so that's the final arbiter there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the image!! Thanks for sharing all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you adjust the white balance on this image to account for the Z-Ray light white balance (2800K)?

    ReplyDelete