Friday, July 24, 2009

"Love Lines"

"Love Lines"
©David A. Ziser

This is one of the images I made at my wedding shootout in Chicago last Thursday. My host who set up our location was a bit disappointed that he couldn't get us into a more spectacular location. When I walked into this church, I knew I was going to love it. I'm just a "design line" kind of a guy and this location had plenty of exciting compositional elements happening within the sanctuary. I'll plan to get a few more images posted over the next few days. What I like about this image are the two leading lines in the ceiling subliminally leading our eyes directly to the bride. I have two light sources working in this image. The key light is coming from my off-camera flash to my left. The tungsten gelled hidden light directly behind the bride is being held by my assistant and is pointing at the ceiling. It's a Quantum Trio which has been dialed down to give just enough illumination to the scene to separate the bride nicely from the surroundings. I really liked how the image turned out. Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 24mm, F5.6 @ 1/100 second, ISO 800. Enjoy! -David

No comments:

Post a Comment