Wednesday, May 06, 2009

"Clearing Storm Over Lake Sawyer"

"Clearing Storm Over Lake Sawyer"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image while visiting our friends, Bruce and Terri Hudson's home Monday evening. We had just arrived in Seattle, rented our car and were off to visit Bruce and his family over dinner. As the steaks were grilling, Bruce was giving us a tour of his beautiful new home in this wonderfully tranquil setting. The clouds were just starting to break and just a bit of the evening twilight started to peek through. It was quite dark but I thought I could till pull off the shot at a high ISO on my Canon. I made a few shots but the shutter speed was quite slow about 1/3 to 1/4 second. With the camera in multi-shot mode, I managed to get a few that were quite sharp thanks to the image stabilization built into the lens. I tweaked the final image in Lightroom to enhance the colors and adjust some of the densities in the scene. When I was finished, I thought it would make a nice image post for our brief visit to Seattle. Camera specs; Canon 5D Mark II fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 24mm, F4.0 @ 1/3 second (hand-held), ISO 3200. Enjoy! -David

3 comments:

  1. Nice David. What a beautiful view.

    Gav

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,

    My son & I attended your WakeUp Call Tour 2009 last night, and I had a nightmare that you keep on and on with talking, perform one demo after another - as LaDawn locked the door to keep us from escape...HAH!HAH!HAH!!!!
    Man!, it was a long day for me - working from 6 AM and attended the seminar until almost 11 PM (I feel for those from Vancouver BC too - 2.5 hrs to drive home. Yikes!). Anyway, you're more fun/funny than this blog disclosed. Thanks for sharing your knowledge & stories to us.

    Shalom my friends,
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David,

    I attended your workshop this past tue. and now indulging myself into your blog. a great workshop and super informative blog. finding your blog alone will worth the ticket price, not to mention I also won a delkin card reader!

    thanks again!

    Jack

    ReplyDelete