Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"Come On and Party On!"

Party On

"Come On and Party On!"
©David A. Ziser

Here is another image I made at the past weekend’s wedding.  I enjoy jumping back with the band and shooting towards the dance floor – band in the foreground and the revelers in the background.  It makes for a great party pic for the wedding album.

I changed it up this time though – I shot it in HDR mode on the Canon 5D Mark III. That really added to the brilliance of the colors throughout the image. I really like how the cymbal in the foreground also picked up and reflected the rich, red colors on the ceiling.  Look how I positioned and balanced the rich colors framing up the musicians and guests in the scene.

Even though the image was shot with my new fisheye, I used Lightroom 4 to remove the fisheye effect from the image.  Sure, I could have used one of my wide angle lenses but the “fish” is what was on the camera at the time. It’s kind of a wild image but I still like it as a pretty cool party photograph for the w3dding coverage.  Hope you like it too.

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Canon 8-15mm Fisheye lens at 15mm, F 4.0 @ 1/1250 second, ISO 12,800.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment