Monday, June 15, 2009

"Lines To The Max"

"Lines To The Max"
©David A. Ziser

I found this treasure trove of images in a folder on my computer over the weekend with many of my old film favorite images. I thought I would share a few of them with you this week. I'm loving digging through them, bringing back the memories. This image was made while I was doing a workshop down under in Melbourne, Australia. My groom for the shot happens to be American but was working in Australia at the time. I love the leading lines the steps give to this image. Notice I positioned the groom tightly in the top right-hand corner, nodal point 3 exaggerating the lines. The lighting on his face was just natural light as I only had one strobe with me while teaching down under. The background of the scene was so dark that the groom pretty much blended into the dark, back wall. I decided to use my radio controlled flash to illuminate the background directly behind him thus separating him from the dark setting. I think the result is a very strong portrait of this young man. Remember; NO Photoshop back in the film days, just a straight film image. Camera specs; Hasselblad 500 CM camera fitted with 40 mm Distagon wide-angle lens, F5.6 @ 1/500 second (best recollection), Kodak EktaColor 400 film.
Enjoy! – David

3 comments:

  1. Nice use of the leading lines, David! I also enjoy very much all the good info from you on each Monday.

    jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome image david. I love the comp and your use of the strobe.

    Can't wait for you to be in Chicago this september!

    ReplyDelete
  3. David. What can I say except that you are an inspiration to us all. Awesome composition.

    ReplyDelete