Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Wednesday Notebook: Italy, Central Park, Spain, News and More

Good Morning Everybody,

DAZ SpainI can’t believe it!!! I just got a call confirming that I will be presenting a program for the Professional Photographers of Spain the first week in November - WooHo!I!   Wow – Italy in October and Spain in November – looks like I might have to do my 2012 Kelby Photo walk in Europe this year ;~)

LaDawn and I have been talking about having a slower year but with these two trips and my new book due to be completed by August 31, and over a dozen events on the calendar I think the year is about booked full.  Don’t get me wrong – we’re loving it.  Italy and Spain are two countries I’ve never visited so we are really looking forward to it.  I’ll keep you posted.

Hey gang, I’m quick in and quick out today.  I just wanted to bring you up to date with a few projects I’ve got coming up.

My Italy Master Class With Clay Blackmore September 30-Oct 7– Almost Sold Out!

Italy foodCastleThat’s right, we are limiting the class size to only 22 people – that’s all the rooms we have on the castle grounds – and those rooms are about booked.  When I talked with my buddy, Jeff Medford who is coordinating the reservations, he told me we have only about 3 seats left!

Jeff is in Italy as we speak checking out locations for our class, lining up models, and being sure all the arrangements are made to make this the most exciting photographic experience EVER!!!  If you are the least bit interested, give Jeff’s office a call at 202.448.2895 to reserve your space.  Here is the link for the all the info right here.

Sold Out In Central Park Too!!

Shootout2Next Thursday I’ll be doing my “Beyond Light Shoot Out” in Central Park,  along with 4 other talented photographers - thanks to B&H.  Sign-ups are limited to the first 350 photographers that register.  Lots of gear available to borrow and try-out, make new friends, and have a great time! The last I heard was there are still a few seats available AND IT’S FREE!!!

Want To Win An iPad 3?

PhotoScrambleYou can and it’s really easy.  Just sign up and submit images to a brand new photo contest entitled “Spring Through Photos”  at Photo Scramble The deadline is May 14 – hey gang, that’s next week already!  My good buddies at MorePhotos.com recently fired up a new website for anyone to host photo contests.  I think the concept is really exciting and I plan to use their new service here at DPT later this summer.

Spring Contest

Here is the “inside skinny”. Not many people have entered  (only 32 entries so far) so you really do have a very good chance of winning.  If I didn’t own an iPad 3 yet, I’d sure be entering!  Check it out right here. Remember deadline for contest submissions is next Monday May 14, 2012 – Hurry, Hurry, Hurry!!!

____________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today. Believe it or not, LaDawn and I are taking the afternoon off, running a few errands and grabbing a late lunch.  How about I see you tomorrow for another Business Day Thursday.  Have a great one and I’ll see you then.

Adios, David

1 comment:

  1. Photo Contest .. submitters should be away of this:

    8. CONTENT SUBMITTED OR MADE AVAILABLE FOR INCLUSION ON THE SERVICE. We do not own any of the Content submitted by our users. However, with respect to Content you submit or make available for inclusion on publicly accessible areas of the Service, you grant us the following world-wide, royalty free, irrevocable, perpetual and non-exclusive license(s): With respect to Content you submit or make available to us, you grant us the license to use, distribute, reproduce, edit, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such Content and the right to sublicense the Content with the sublicense having the right to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, publicly perform and publicly display such Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate such Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed. This license grant is from you to Company and does not pertain to any license between Contest Host and Contestant, Voter, or any other third party, which remains the sole responsibility of the Contest Host consistent with Paragraph 4 above.

    ReplyDelete