Thursday, May 31, 2012

"The Sparks Of Love"

The Sparks Of Love

"The Sparks Of Love"
©David A. Ziser

When it come to getting some spectacular images of the Cincinnati, OH skyline, Drees is about the best place in the city for a wedding reception. Not only does it offer a fabulous view of the city, there are other areas around this location that allow for some really exciting wedding images like this one at the main entrance of the building.

This is one of my favorite images from Saturday’s wedding.  I promised the bride and groom that I would only take about 5-6 minutes to move around the building and capture some images for them.  We first took a few photographs inside the entrance foyer then moved outside. 

Next it was to the front entrance where I made this image. I simple adjusted the exposure for the building underexposing it by one stop.  I then asked my assistant to position himself about 12 feet behind the couple with my strobe on 1/8 power.  I asked the bride and groom to just look at each other for an image or two then asked them to give each other a kiss – this was the image.

The fact that my assistant was higher in the background than usual resulted in the strobe light adding the nice star effect right at their lips – I like it. This is usually a tough shot because of the high ISO needed but the new 5d Mk II makes it a piece of cake.

Camera specs: Canon 5D Mark III fitted with 24-105mm IS lens at 24mm, F6.3 @ 1/30 second, ISO 3200.  Enjoy!  -David

2 comments:

  1. David how did you nail down on ambient exposure of f 6.3 1/30 3200. Did you meter the light on building using camera matrix/CW/spot meter ? what part of the building did you meter ? did you use light meter? or you just did some test shot to nail down? Also what was you f spot for the flash at 1/8 power when looking at the flash from the couples position. please share some details about steps you took to nail down on exposure. TIA

    ReplyDelete