Monday, May 14, 2012

"Times Square Straight Up"

0006- NYC Fisheye919C4296

"Times Square Straight Up"
©David A. Ziser

This is one of the last images I captured at Times Square last night.  We were near 46th Street looking back down Broadway.  Before me were all the buildings, lights, and "glittereeze" that makes Times Square such a photographic Mecca.

I framed up the cornucopia of dazzling lights and billboards and shot away. The camera was pointed nearly straight up at the night sky which gave me the unique perspective of showing the building both before me and behind me. Zooming back to the full circle (full circle on the full frame 5D Mk3) 8mm setting on the captured this image.

Because of the range of the scene brightness, I had to select an exposure that would capture the true feeling and excitement of Times Square.  The HDR effect helps eliminate any hot spots too. 

Camera specs: Canon 5D fitted with Canon Fisheye lens at 8mm, F5.6 @ 500 second, ISO 6400.  Enjoy!  -David

7 comments:

  1. you never cease to amaze. wonderfully creative view of a standard scene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killer David. I'm glad too see somebody is having fun. Congrats to Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Very interesting image. Looking forward to Central Park on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. David,
    That is without a doubt, the most unique perspective of any Times Square photo I've ever seen.
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love IT!! Very contemporary, fun image. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. David, The whole set of NY fisheye photos made me wish I still had my "I LOVE New York" tee-shirt. You reminded me why I, and so many others, love NYC. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey David, I couldn't find your contact information and I hope you don't mind if I post this here. I don't know if this stuff concerns you or not but when I found a blogger copying my posts I went searching and found the same blogger is copying your posts as well. http://nomadsphotology.blogspot.com/
    I'll be going after him/her. Hope you do, too. Your photos are super.
    Contact me if you like; I'm pb (at) petreaburchard (dot) com

    ReplyDelete