Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places"

Looking For Love..

"Looking For Love In All The Wrong Places"
©David A. Ziser

I’ve previously blogged this image but I still like it and thought I would bring it around again. The bride was hoping to shoot at Fountain Square, one of our most popular venues for Cincinnati city images.  Cincinnati was hosting their Oktoberfest celebration over the weekend and due to the large crowds put Fountain Square off limits for photography.

I had mentioned an even more urban location in which we had photographed earlier and she jumped at the idea. We were about 5 hours into the day’s pre-wedding photography session – yep, a long day -and now were headed to an alley at 8th and Plum in downtown Cincy.

We only had a few minutes to work because we were now beginning to run out of time and needed to be heading to the wedding venue within a few minutes.  I had an idea in mind, and I need to say, this was NOT a typical “David Ziser” wedding portrait, but I was looking to try something new and different.

This is one of the images from our “urban” shoot.  With the bride sitting on the curb and the groom straddling her, and both of them with somber expressions, it reminded me maybe of Bonnie and Clyde on their wedding day ;~)  Anyway, it was fun and the couple loved it.

Lighting (150 w.s. or full power) from Quantum placed camera left and shooting through my Zumbrella gave me the directional light I wanted.  Ever so slight tweaks in LR3 finished the image.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with Sigma 8-16mm Lens at 8mm, F 5.6 @ 1/320 second, ISO 200. Enjoy!  -David

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to thank you for Digital Pro Talk. I have your book and video series, and have seen you on Kelby training, but this free resource is just over and above. I have been doing weddings off and on for a few years, but they still scare me to death. There's so much to think about, and it all happens so fast. I want to create works of art for my clients, and your training really helps me to do that. So thanks for sharing your hard earned knowledge. Your efforts are appreciated. Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete