Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Technique Tuesday On Wednesday: High Flying Party Photography – Using My Pole Cam For Great Party Pictures

Good Morning Everybody,

PhotoPro Expo1Maybe you’re noticed that I’ve been a bit consumed with our upcoming PhotoPro Expo 2012 convention these last few days.  That’s mainly because we want it to be the best value and best convention in the Midwest for all photographers within 500 miles of Cincinnati, Ohio. And, we’ve got a lot of folks working really hard putting in long hours to pull it off.  It takes a lot of time which we are all a little short of these days.

First off, let me say that I appreciate your patience with me and my blog as I cheerlead for what I think is the best and coolest photographic event to hit this part of the country.  The numbers so far are indicating that we will have about 800 people in the convention center for the show!

As Henry Chester said, “Enthusiasm is the greatest asset in the world. It beats money and power and influence. It is no more or less than faith in action.” So, needless to say, I’m kind of enthused about this event and have total faith in it’s success. 

So that said, let me sneak in a quick Technique Tuesday for your Wednesday pleasure ;~)

High Flying Party Photography – Using My Pole Cam For Great Party Pictures

Pole CamI ran this a while back and it only got a few views.  The techniques I discuss in this video really provides for you a set of images that will grab the attention of your clients.  I promise your clients have never seen photographs like this before.

I'm always looking to create images that neither clients nor, photographers for that matter, see very often. I want my images to grab the viewer's attention immediately.

One way to grab the viewer's attention is with a dramatic change of "camera position". A shot taken from overhead fills the bill. We've all seen those overhead shots from the Goodyear blimp taken during a football game. But, to see them taken at a wedding or Bar Mitzvah is quite the treat.

So how can we easily capture those kinds of images at a party or wedding celebration? Let me show you my very easy "Pole-Cam" technique that produces images that are both fun to create and excitingly different to view.

As a bonus with today's lesson, I'm throwing in a bit of multi-lighting reception coverage too. Enjoy! I think you'll get a kick out of this week's "High Flying Party photography" tutorial. Hit the PLAY button below and enjoy the show.

____________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  I’m back to work tying up all the loose ends for our upcoming PhotoPro Expo 2012 – and there are a lot of loose ends to tie up ;~)

See ya’ tomorrow,  David

No comments:

Post a Comment