Monday, January 23, 2012

"The Icing On the Cake"

Wedding Cake

"The Icing On the Cake"
© David A. Ziser

I photographed this image a few years ago and it really demonstrates how I like to feature the wedding cake at a really posh wedding celebration. The wedding reception was being held at my favorite local venue, the Netherland Hilton Hotel in Cincinnati, Ohio.

I like to “shoot the room” just moments before the guests enter.  I’ve got to work quickly as time is very short.  It’s important to get these photographs, not just for the bride and groom, but for your portfolio, and to provide sample images to the venue as well.

The guests had not yet entered the room and I was able to get this really dramatic wide angle shot of the cake. The wide angle lens really captures not just a great shot of the cake but the grandeur of the “space” too.

Camera specs: Canon 5D fitted with Sigma 12-24mm wide angle lens at 12mm, F5.6 @ 1/15 second hand held, ISO 1600. Lighting was enhanced with my Z-Ray which added a little texture to the scene.  Enjoy! -David

1 comment:

  1. I always try to photograph the room before the guests come into the room...but I never tried using a wide angle lens to photograph the cake....I will try it next time...and a little time exposure too.

    ReplyDelete