Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Summer Breezes"

Summer Breezes -2476_DepaulW06-800px

"Summer Breezes"
© David A. Ziser Photography

I still have fond memories of capturing this image.  The father of the bride, a past attendee of one of my Master Classes, hired me to photograph his daughter’s wedding.  They were a great family, and the bride and groom were a terrific couple to work with.

This image was taken a few years in Chicago.  It’s great to work with a couple who knows photography and gives you complete latitude to do any thing you want. Plus they understood and provided all the time in the world to do it ;~)  The perfect wedding – right?  It really was very refreshing to be working  without many of the time constraints of a regular wedding.

The couple loved the setting on the golf course. We did several images around the grounds but I really wanted to get a photograph by this bridge.

We were losing light so I kicked the ISO up to 800. Asked my assistant to judicious position herself behind the couple with the flash 1/2 power and fired away. We did several – the “kiss” was my favorite.

Camera specs: Canon 5D was fitted with my 24-105mm lens and set to 70mm, F5.6 @ 1/125 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy. -David

No comments:

Post a Comment