Friday, October 14, 2011

"Autumn’s Beauty"

0001 - Fall Beauty-5327

"Autumn’s Beauty"
© David A. Ziser

I love this photograph of Christie, one of our models for my Master class this week .I had set up a photograph of Christie from a completely different vantage point which I posted yesterday's. It was a great photograph and I love how yesterday's image really accentuated the beautiful fall colors in the background.

The class continued shooting from that vantage point but I wanted to make the point to everyone that that wasn't the only portrait we could get of Christie.

I rotated around her about 90° for my original camera position. From my new perspective I had a beautiful profile viewof our beautiful model.  Remember, the light had not changed so I still have the beautiful loop light adding dimension for her face.

I think too many times we photographers can get wrapped up with just working one location when photographing our subjects. This image shows that there's a lot of different points of view to explore with out even moving the subject. 

Once the light is set we can easily rotate around our subject and, if that background hangs together as beautifully as it did in this image, we can continue to create a wide variety of beautiful portraits of our subject in the same location.

Camera specs:  Canon 5D mark II fitted with 70-200mm IS lens at 200mm, F3.2 @ 1/250 second, ISO 400.  Enjoy!  -David

_____________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's got it for me today. We wrap our class today at 12 o'clock and then LaDawn and I are jumping on the jet to Tampa about 1:30 this afternoon. I’ve got a take a wedding in Tampa tomorrow, the day off Sunday, and in my day long workshop class with Dave Cross on Monday.

It's a busy time but I hope to catch my breath on Sunday and I hope over the weekend to give you a recap of this week's Master class. I believe everybody really enjoyed themselves – I know I did!   And I have to tell you, the class got some great images.  I'll share a few of them with you next week. Hey gang, that's it for me today.  I better get moving or I’m going to be late for class. 

Have a good one and I’ll see you seen. David

2 comments:

  1. David, saying thanks for all the wonderful tutorials and how to's you post. You are a true inspiration! Thank you for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 26 October.
    Hi David, you share in the Wow's, awesome,great photographers that we got from Saturday's wedding.
    Ideas for your book (can't wait).
    When we compose an image we look for light, composition and gesture. If you book is about light, then how can we further enhance it, modify it, change it, more than just using quantum flash. That would be a great help. We used a silhouette, with the flower girl and the bride in a window and we and others just love this image. It is like a Rembrandt image. Things like that is one way to use light. We are sure that you have many more. You can see a small sample of this image but it is difficult to see the fantastic light on the girl's face in such a small thumbnail type.

    Thanks again, both my wife Irene and I think that you are fantastic. THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete