Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Wednesday: Master Class Recap & Photos

Good Morning Everybody,

Yesterday was a very busy day. We were on the bus and ready to go by 9 a.m. We arrived at the church by  9:30 a.m. and began shooting around 10 o'clock.

0001 - Organ-4844

One of the treats upon our arrival, was that Vic, the church custodian, offered to give the class a demonstration of the beautiful pipe organ in the rear of church. He fired up the bells and whistles, the trumpets and the horns, and the deep bass pipes and entertained us with toccata and fugue in D minor. It was quite the musical display. We all gave Vic a big hand at the end, smiled at each other, turned back toward cameras, and began the long day of shooting.

I always think one of the highlights of teaching is being able to shoot directly into the iPad.

photo 3

It gives both me and the class instant gratification being able to see the images on the iPad’s large screen just moments after the exposure. Having a small class of 20 also makes it easy for everyone to get a chance to get a quick glance of the image before I move on to the next scene.

Anyway, I did most of the shooting up until lunch and then turn the reins over to the class when we returned to church at about two o'clock in the afternoon. I always have to smile the first day of class. I think everyone feels that this is going to be so easy watching my PowerPoint presentations on Monday but when they finally get behind the camera and try to apply some of the techniques I've talked about in Monday’s class, it sometimes becomes a bit more challenging than expected.

ec-photo 1

So yesterday with the help of my expert coaches, and me being a coach as well, I think everyone really enjoyed the shooting experience with our gorgeous models and beautiful location. The class attendees were able to capture some great images for their own portfolios.

We finally made it back to the hotel at 6:30 p.m. last evening. It was a great day and really enjoyed being able to photograph in the beautiful Mother of God church.

I headed back home and arrived around 7 p.m. LaDawn and I had a previous engagement to see a play that evening which we couldn't get rescheduled. The play turned out to be a three-hour long Shakespeare play entitled As You Like It. I have to admit, even though I enjoyed the play, getting home at 10:30 in the evening made for an especially long day – I still had to edit my images.and selected six

Nevertheless, I quickly loaded yesterday's images into Lightroom, selected six favorites and printed them as 24x36 images to share during todays morning session.

0001 - Beautiful Surrounds-4941

I got to bed late last night sometime after midnight. And was up early this morning to prepare for today's class. What can I say? Camera batteries and flash batteries are all fully charged. I think  I personally still have about 20% of the way to go ;~)

Today is the longest day of the week. We're catching up with the class about 9:15 a.m. and will review their images and my images, break for lunch, and then head out and continue shooting until dark this evening. We should be wrapping the day around eight o'clock and be heading back to the hotel by about 8:30 this evening.

0001 - Church Steps-5002

We’ve got some great locations selected for today's shooting sessions, including the riverfront area in downtown Covington, Kentucky where we will have the Cincinnati skyline in the background. We've never worked in this location before so it should be kind of fun for me and the class. Tomorrow I’ll give you a quick recap of how today's shoot went, and a few more images.

______________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's it for me today. I need to be scooting out the door. How about I see everybody bright and early tomorrow morning with some more images and an update on our class.

Have a great one everybody and I'll see you tomorrow, David

No comments:

Post a Comment