Good Morning Everybody,
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours went by in its typical whirlwind fashion. We returned home Saturday afternoon and immediately started to get ready for my Master Class which begins today.
It gets a little tricky on Friday because we wrap the Master Class at noon and immediately jump on a plane at 1:30 p.m. and head to Florida to shoot a wedding on Saturday. Then we’re out for 3 more weeks of non-stop travel.
I’ll do my best to keep the posts coming each day but no promises as to when they'll post. The good news is that today, at least , we’ll have one up on time ;~)
I’m Rick Sammon’s Guest On Creative Live In Two Weeks
Part of our upcoming adventures is my guest spot on Rick Sammon’s Creative Live episode happening in two weeks from October 21 to 23, 2011. Rick asked me to be involved with his project a few months ago and I’ve really been looking forward to it.
Rick also has two other talented photographers scheduled; Hal “Bull” Schmitt and Catherine Hall. It will certainly be an honor to hang with these exceptional photographers. You can get all the info and register right here.
A Tribute To Steve Jobs/Social Media Gold Mine
You know, three apples changed the world; Eve’s, Newton’s, and Steve’s. Over the weekend I stumbled across this pretty cool site, Social Media Examiner. Guy Kawasaki was in the middle of a webcast when the news of Steve Jobs passing was announced. He spoke for the next 60 minutes about his experience in knowing Steve Jobs and working for Apple in the very early days. It’s a fascinating listen right here.
The rest of the site is jammed packed with solid info on getting the best of social media. Lots to read right here – a gold mine!
Gobs More Photography Gems
- 88 Photography-Junkie Links From The Last 7 Days: [link]
- 10 Tips to Help Photographers on Google+ – the BEST tips and techniques on Google+ from Scott Kelby, Matt Kloskowski, and R.C Conception. Be sure you watch Part 2 as well: [link]
- Editorial fashion photography by Michael David Adams – beautiful images: [link]
- 35+ Frightening Dark Gothic Digital Photo Manipulation Artworks – I threw this up there because Halloween is right around the corner, really unusual images: [link]
- John Neel – Fine Art Photographer and HDR Expert Over At PixiQ [link]
- How Smartphones Are Changing Digital Photography [link]
- 32 Examples of Typographic Portraits [link]
More Photoshop Freebies
I haven’t posted my Photoshop Freebies in a few weeks so I thought you were due. Today’s links offer some great resources for your photography. Enjoy!
- 50 Free and High Quality PSD Web UI Elements to Speed up Your Design Process [link]
- How to Create Incredible Photoshop Brushes from Hand-Made Art [link]
- Lightroom Q&A [link]
Hey gang, lots to explore so enjoy the links today. There’s much to read but there are some real gems throughout today’s post. My FAVS are the 10 Google+ tips from Scott, Matt, and R.C; and Guy Kawasaki’s tribute to Steve Jobs above.
The clock tells me I’ve got to run. My class begins shortly. Stay tuned this week for class updates and lots of exciting images.
See ya’ tomorrow everybody, David