Tuesday, October 04, 2011

"Tulip Dance"

0001 - Exciting Lighting 1-Outside Backklight - DSC_2849-Edit

"Tulip Dance"
© David A. Ziser

I made this image early on in my foray into digital photography.  I have to tell you, it was a kick then and it’s even a bigger kick today!  The challenge in the early days was making the transition from the square Hasselblad format to the rectangular DSLR format. It actually took me about a year to feel confortable with the switch.

Anyway, this image was captured back in my Nikon days. There was one thing I really liked about the early Nikon’s – they synced at 1/500 second just like my Hassy’s.

I always loved super wide angle lenses, especially the fisheye lenses.  Shooting fisheye lens can be quite the challenge.  You have to view the following tutorial to see why.

This image is also featured in our Technique Tuesday today, so give it a listen and I’ll go over all the details of the photograph.  I think you’ll enjoy the details of what went into this image.

Camera specs: Nikon D1x fitted with Nikkor 8mm Fisheye lens, F8.0 @ 1/200 second,  ISO 400.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment