Monday, July 02, 2012

A New Series Coming Your Way!

Good Morning Everybody,

I have to tell you that since I last checked in a lot has happened.  Good things of course, and I can't wait to tell you about them.  In fact, just check out a few of the images accompanying this post – way cool!!!  It was last Thursday when I was pretty fired up and left you with a Business Day Thursday post to think about.  For LaDawn and I, we set out for the rest of our trip northward looking forward to a great weekend and wedding celebration. All of that has transpired exactly as I expected.  We had the opportunity to work with some of my favorite clients over the next three days, at some beautiful locations and captured some amazing images. 

Wedding 2

Wedding4Over the weekend I've got a great idea I want to tell you about today.  The entire wedding weekend was a blast, photographically speaking.  Each day of our three day shoot had me reaching deeply into my photographic "bag of tricks" to be able to give the three day coverage it's best result. Because of the constantly varying lighting circumstances in which we were working, The solutions were as varied and creative.

Wedding6Instead of spending a quick few minutes each day this week just throwing up highlights from the weekend, I thought what I would do instead is take you with me on this past weekend's photographic wedding journey.  I want to share with you the challenges and tribulations of all the nearly 25 hours and 100 gigs of data we devoted to this fabulous weekend.  I think you'll enjoy the trip.

The Is One Small Hitch Though

After spending three glorious days in the coolest part of the USA, average temperature about 82 degrees for all three days, we looped the top reaches of Michigan and today continue heading south into the the great. HOT Midwest ;~) 

Wedding best

The wedding festivities kept us so busy that I have had little time to devote anything else.  My book has been on hold since last Wednesday – YIKES!  I’m 10,000 words behind!!!  And readying blog posts has not been even a remote possibility on my radar.  So today I'm giving you an update on my plan.

After leaving Northern Michigan yesterday we are "holed up" in a Quality Inn, I think in West Branch, Michigan just south of Grayling, Mi.  We pulled in last night about 10:00p.m. and we're whooped.  It's a little after 8:00 a.m. this morning and we need to hit the road in a short time - we are catching up with friends later today.

Wedding 1

So, here is the plan the next few days.  I'll plan to check in with you and give you trip updates and share a few wedding weekend experiences with you as we continue to travel south eventually landing back home on July 4.  Time is going to be very short so you'll have to bear with me.  The good news is that when I begin the "Share My Wedding Weekend Series", it will be well worth the read.  To rush it out now does a disservice to you and me, because of my time constraints on giving you the full story.  I still haven't even had a chance to download the over 100 gigs of images to my computer - I told you it was a great shoot :~)

The series will describe my entire creative process under every shooting situation, and there were many. And give you insights into the creative decisions I made along the way that resulted in a complete wedding coverage that I think was one of my best ever.  Look for the first installment later this week and to continue for the next several days.

Wedding 0

On that note gang, we need to hit-the-road so try to stay cool and I'll be checking in with you throughout the week as we continue our travels south.

Have a good one and I'll see you soon,  David

1 comment:

  1. This is a brilliant idea David, looking forward to the rest of the week, thanks.Robin UK.

    ReplyDelete