Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Technique Tuesday On Wednesday: New Orleans Wedding Shoot - Part 1

Good Morning Everybody,

DAZ LD Annv7We’re getting a pretty slow start on the day today – it feels kind of good just lazzin’ around.  Besides LaDawn can’t get enough of the Olympics. Last night we had a very romantic anniversary dinner at Irene’s, one of the best restaurants in the French Quarter. And for lunch today we are heading to Katie’s, a restaurant featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives.  Yes, we have very eclectic culinary tastes ;~)

This is our last day in this fine city so we are just planning to soak up as much of the NOLA as we can today by walking from one neighborhood to the next.  We should get pretty many miles under our belt by the end of the day.  It will be another very hot day but who cares – we’re in New Orleans!

New Orleans Shoot - Part 1

Hey gang, I've got so much to share with you from our travels while here in New Orleans. I'm going to spread it over a few posts otherwise we'd be here all day.  In today's tutorial I'm going to walk you through a few of the images Monday post [link] so today I'm going to take you on a short video trip and show you how I continued to utilized those little lighting jewels, the Canon 600 EX-RT speedlites, to create some great wedding images of my bride.

I’ll be covering lots on technique in today's video including lighting, composition, and exposure.  You don't need to own the Canon speedlights to do what I'm demonstrating, any remotely fired strobe will work.  But remember, the premise for my shoot was really to work with the Canon speedlights and see just how they would perform in a regular wedding portrait situation.  As I said yesterday, they did great!!  Why not hit the PLAY button and see what I've got in store for you today.  Enjoy!

__________________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that's it for me today.  We’re off to start walking – hope you get a chance to relax today.

Have a great rest of the day and I'll see you soon.

Adios, David

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for great tutorial. One technical observation if I may, your intro and exit seem to only have audio on the left channel while the main tutorial seems to only have right channel. Your music however comes across both channels. Might just be my Mac Book Pro however.

    Love your style and method of presentation.

    Cheers

    Mark

    ReplyDelete