Friday, August 17, 2012

Announcing My 2012 Worldwide Scott Kelby Photo Walk in Rome, Italy!

Good Morning Everybody,

Photo Walk5I've got some pretty exciting news to share with you. Today I'm announcing my fifth annual Scott Kelby Photo Walk for 2012. As you know, we’ll be traveling to Europe for two months leaving September 18, 2012. That means that we will be on the road during Scott Kelby's Photo Walk this year. The official date of the Photo Walk is October 13, 2012.

I thought, “Why not do the Photo Walk in Rome, Italy. We are actually arriving in Rome midday on that Saturday. We're catching up with LaDawn’s son Joshua and his wife Kristin around noon and spending the afternoon with them. I pitched the idea of the Rome Photo Walk to LaDawn and she graciously agreed to let me schedule it for later that day.

Spanish StepsThe plan is to meet at the Spanish Steps down by the fountain – Piazza Trinità dei Monti – at 5:45 PM and then kick off the Photo Walk promptly at 6 PM. I'm told that this is a very beautiful part of Rome and that we should have no problem getting some great images during our Photo Walk. Also, since our Photo Walk is scheduled in the evening with the sun setting at 6:30 PM, I thought that would add an extra special touch to my photo walk for this year.

You can get all the details about my 2012 Photo Walk and register right here.

What About My Cincinnati, Photo Walkers?

WalkingDon't worry gang – were putting a backup plan into action as we speak. I'm working with my good friend Larry Lohr, Ace #1 assistant Nicholas Viltrakis, and my good friend Eric Cameron to see if they can cover this year's photo walk in Cincinnati, Ohio. I'll post a follow-up with the details as soon as they nail down their plans right here on DigitalProTalk. At least I'll be here with you in spirit.

I have to say, that these photo walks have always been one of the high points of the year for me. The people you meet, the friends you make, and the images that we all capture just make the entire time a wonderful experience for everyone involved. Even if you're not close to Cincinnati, I sure hope you'll check out photo walks in your part of the world and plan to be part of the fun. Here is the
main link to the 2012 Scott Kelby photo walks.

Hope you can make it, David

3 comments:

  1. David, I'd love to go to Rome again this year, but alas, no. But since you're starting your Photowalk at the Spanish Steps, don't fail to include the Pantheon in your walk. It's nearby and well worth the visit, especially if the sunlight is beaming through the upper windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would suggest NOT going to the Trevi Fountain. It'll be crowded with tourists and you won't be able to get a clear, undisturbed shot of the fountain that time of the day. Time better spent somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete