Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"Let’s Dance The Night Away"

Let's Dance The Night Away

"Let’s Dance The Night Away"
©David A. Ziser

While on our short weekend vacation, Kent and I wandered into the Netherland Hilton Hotel, one of the most popular venues for weddings in Cincinnati, Ohio.  In fact, this is where I’ll be this weekend.  Anyway, last Saturday was a really busy wedding weekend for the hotel.

We headed up to the Hall Of Mirrors, the hotel’s premier ballroom for some of the nicest weddings and events in the city.  We stepped in and noticed the photographer and videographer working with the bride and groom before all the guests entered the ballroom.  I just began shooting away and captured this cool image of the couple from the second floor balcony.

The photographer and videographer were using a constant video light for the illumination of the couple. That allowed me to “tag team” on their light for this photograph.  The lighting tech had set all the spots for the rest of the room. The overall feel of the lighting worked well for this image (and the shots the photographer was getting.)   Heck, I might even have to give this vantage point a try at my wedding this weekend.

Camera specs:  Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Tamron 28-300mm VC lens at 55mm, F4.5 @ 1/30 second, ISO 6400.  Enjoy!  -David

p.s. I took a moment to introduce myself to the photographer shooting the wedding after she had finished with the bride and groom.  Her name is Sherry Barber and she is a very talented photographer working in Cincinnati, OH.  Be sure to check out Sherri’s very cool website right here.  She has things “cookin” and is sold out for weddings in 2012.  A lot of photographers would sure like to be in her shoes.

“Hi Fives” to you Sherri – well done!  David

2 comments:

  1. It's a great picture but raises a question in my mind that may have been addressed but I haven't seen it. Do you get model releases for the people featured in these blogs? This couple would not even have had a relationship with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIce Pic David. Hey I tried the Tamron 28-300mm but it only zoomed to 200mm. Yours?

    ReplyDelete