Monday, August 20, 2012

Quick Hit Monday: Canon 600 TX–RT Speedlight Review Coming Soon; Rome, Italy Sunset Photo Walk

Good late Afternoon Everybody,

Amazing WeatherI sure hope everyone had a great weekend. Our weekend weather was perfect for the wedding we photographed on Saturday.  In fact it was so perfect that we got some fabulous sunset photographs for the wedding couple – note today’s image of the day post. I'll be sharing a few more of them with you this week.

As usual we been super busy around the studio and it seems that there just aren't enough hours in the day to get everything completed. For a guy who's trying to slow things down a bit it seems that we've only become busier with many new projects.

Canon 600EX-RT Review In The Works!

One of the big projects I'm working on is doing a thorough testing of the brand-new Canon 600 TX – RT speedlights that I've been working with these last few weeks. The more I experiment with them the more impressed I am.

Wedding CandidPart of the challenge of testing the new radio controlled speed lights is the fact that I'm so used to shooting with my Quantum strobes. Bringing in the Canon 600 TX – RT speedlights into my shooting workflow introduces a brand-new learning curve for me. But never the less, the learning curve has been pretty quick and the more I play around with the new features of the strobes, the more I see the great possibilities they can bring into my wedding events and portrait sessions.

I was curious to see if the the 4 AA batteries would last for the entire wedding on Saturday. Even with a lot of intense “high-speed flash sync” shooting going on during the bridal session and the fact that the speedlights were dumping most of their power - most of their time on those specific images.  I was just hoping that they would make it to the reception. They did so with flying colors – I never changed batteries – I’m impressed! In two weeks I've got a giant wedding to photograph. That will be the big test for the new speedlights. I'll keep you posted.

Update on my Sunset Photo Walk in Rome, Italy October 13, 2012

Spanish StepsI've been pleasantly surprised to see how many photo walkers have signed up for my Sunset Photo Walk in Rome, Italy on October 13, 2012 [link]. So far, with just a brief mention in the blog on Friday, we have four walkers joining us – not as fast as we book with the event in Cincy but I’m still encouraged we’ll have a good crowd.  You can find all the info and REGISTER RIGHT HERE!

I’m even thinking that they must be able to speak English too since I only posted in English on my blog. Hey, even if we don’t all speak the same language, it will still be a blast!  I'm still using Google Earth – isn't that a great tool these days – to plan the entire Photo Walk. Other photographers have also sent me their ideas and suggestions for the walk as well.  I'll keep you posted as to how things develop.

______________________________________________________________

Hey gang, it's getting pretty late in the evening so I’m cutting things short for this blog post. Tomorrow I have planned a very cool Technique Tuesday featuring wedding portraits and Photoshop. I think you will be “wide-eyed” and “drop jawed” when you see the results of two “before and after” photographs I'll share with you tomorrow. I sure hope you'll be able to join me.

On that note gang I'm out here. Have a great rest of the evening and I'll plan on seeing everybody again tomorrow.

Adios for now, David

.

No comments:

Post a Comment