Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Technique Tuesday: Photographing What The Eye Can’t See.

Good Afternoon Everybody,

You guessed it – the book is taking a lot of time and has me “under water” trying to get it written, deal with the day to day happenings here at the studio, and get a blog post up.  Things are coming along OK though.  I had a request from one of our DPT readers to give you a sneak peak at the book.  I have to tell you, that’s been my plan all along.  Let me get it a bit more complete before I move in that direction though.  Anyway, thanks for your patience with me these next few weeks as I keep things moving along.

And as a way of doing just that, I posting an “oldie but a goodie” for you today.  It’s a cool lighting tutorial and features a technique I have been using for years.  Every time I demonstrate it at a trade show, every one watching likes the result.  Instead of me telling you about it, let me show you.  Here we go.  

Photographing What The Eye Can’t See

While at Photoshop World a few years ago, I did a “booth lighting demo” at the Westcott booth. These demos are always fun to do and the crowd always brings a nice energy to the experience.

During the demo, I pulled off a little trick that surprised most of the attendees with my finished result. This tutorial shows a clever way in how we can change up the background of the scene to really add a nice "high key" or white background look to our portraits. The result is really different than what the eye sees.  Hit the PLAY button and see what I'm talking about.

_________________________________________________________________

Hey gang, as usual we are going crazy around here today and I’m need to hit the road.  Have a great rest of the day and I’ll see you soon.

-David

1 comment: