Thursday, June 14, 2012

Business Day Thursday: New Podcast - Marketing Wedding Photography Today

Good Morning Everybody,
 
Today I’ve got a special treat for you. Last week I did a podcast interview with photography marketing guru, Chuck Lewis, for his Inner Circle members.  I’ve done a few in the past so I was happy to oblige. The interview went quite well and I asked Chuck if I could share it with our DPT readers. He was happy to return the favor.
 
I’ve spent the morning setting up a new Podcast Channel over at Podbean – here is the link right here.  So far this is the only podcast listed but I hope to add to the list.  It’s something new I’m doing around here so I hope you enjoy it. 
 
DigitalProTalk Podcast series logo
 
Please give me your feedback as to topics you would like to hear and special guests I might invite to the program.  I would really like to get your input.  Just leave them in the Comments section below.  Thanks!
 
Anyway, that said, let’s get on with today’s post.  You can listen to the entire interview by hitting the PLAY button on the Podcast player inserted at the end of the post.  For iPad users, please go directly to my DigitalProTalk Podcast Channel right here to listen to the interview.
 

Marketing Wedding Photography Today

ChuckandToddLewis.jpgIn this conversation with marketing guru, Charles J. Lewis, I’ll discuss the two main topics - Marketing & Selling.  Here’s a quick run down of what I’ll try to cover.

Marketing:

What are the best 2 or 3 ways to market wedding photography today? How do you get good, qualified people to call or email you about your wedding photography services right now?

What is the biggest mistake you see wedding photographers making today regarding their marketing?

Exactly how are you using the Internet to market your wedding photography, and what services or companies do you use that work well for you for your online marketing efforts?

Selling:

When you cannot meet with the bride in person, do you meet with her over Skype or GoToMeeting in some way so that you can show her things on her computer screen? If you do this, can you give our members some tips about what to do, and not to do, for this to be effective?

Sales LRWhat is the biggest mistake you see wedding photographers making today regarding their booking and selling methods?

What do you say to a bride on the telephone to convince her to come in and talk with you about the possibility of photographing her wedding? How do you handle the question of price? How do you get the “buyers” – like mom, etc. to come in with the bride?

What is the best way to book wedding photography today – to actually get the decision made, and have them give you money today to reserve the date? With so much cheap competition everywhere now, it seems harder and harder to get a commitment.

Folks, that’s a quick synopsis of the webcast.  Give it a listen and tell me what you think.  Also you can get more info on Chuck Lewis’ Photography Secrets right here.  Check them out – I’ve been a fan for years.

Enjoy!  -David

 
 
________________________________________________________________
Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  It’s back to book writing for me AND it’s LaDawn’s birthday today and we are quitting early today and getting ready for date night.  Have a great rest of the day.  I’ll see you soon.
 
-David

2 comments: