Thursday, June 07, 2012

"Lost In The Moment"

Lost In The Moment-

"Lost In The Moment"
©David A. Ziser

I made this image just two weeks ago during the wedding of a very special client.  We were finishing the bridal portrait session but before we moved on to the photographs of the wedding party but I knew I still wanted to get some very cool close ups of my bride.  I also wanted the background to very bright, almost white for these portraits. 

We were working in the shadows of the reception venue.  But beyond the shadows the sidewalk was well illuminated.  I figured if I could establish the right vantage point for the camera I could use the much brighter sidewalk as my background and get the result I wanted. It worked, I got just what I wanted lighting-wise.

A trip to Lightroom 4 to adjust the B&W densities for the look I wanted and I made a few selective highlight and clarity adjustments to our bride’s eyebrows and lips.  Then it was over to Photoshop CS6 for the final selective focus tweaks with the help of the “field blur” tool. I think the finished results looks great.

camera specs:  Canon 7D fitted with Tamron 28-300mm VC lens at 92mm, F5.0 @ 1/250 second, ISO 200.  Enjoy!  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment