Tuesday, June 05, 2012

“Summer Silhouettes"

Summer Sillouhettes

"Summer Silhouettes"
©David A. Ziser

This is an image I made a few weeks ago at a wedding.  This wedding is also featured in today’s Technique Tuesday.  We had just arrived at the wedding/reception venue – Drees Pavilion – and we were the only ones there.  A few of the wedding party were gathering all the items from the limos and placing them into the bride’s room.  My assistants were busy gathering all our gear for the start of our shoot at Drees.

I stepped back and liked what I saw – the bride and a few bridesmaids looking out the large bank of windows onto the Ohio River valley showing the river and full cityscape of Cincinnati, Ohio.  There was no way I could quickly capture the full dynamic range of the scene so I settled for the girls’ silhouettes in front of the windows.  I do like that you barely see mom and dad sharing the moment too as they exchange smiles with each other.

Later in the evening I quickly put together an iPad slideshow for the wedding party and the guests to enjoy.  Several of the bridesmaids came over to tell me this was one of their favorite images – hence, its selection for today’s post.  I think the image has a nice “quiet moment” feel about it and like it a lot.

Camera specs:  Canon 5D Mark III fitted with Tamron 28-300mm IS lens at 28mm, F5.6 @ 1/800 second, ISO 2500.  Enjoy!  -David

p.s.  The high ISO setting is probably a left over setting from the available light images I made earlier at the hotel.  It’s a non-issue because of the low noise characteristics of the camera so I wasn’t worried a bit about noise.  -DAZ

2 comments:

  1. The purple fringing is awful. Sorry. Poor choice of lens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mr. h,
      Such an easy fix in Lightroom 4. The lens is the best candid lens out there. Although the new Nikon 18-300mm looks interesting.
      David

      Delete