Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Technique Tuesday: New Cool Stylized Image Enhancement Techniques With Lightroom 4

Good Afternoon Everybody,

Help WantedSoooo, does anyone what to be my assistant on a wedding this weekend?  All my regular assistants are busy with other commitments – that never happens but it sure did this weekend – YIKES!!!  If your interested in helping out, shoot me an email at david@ziser.com and I can fill you in on the details.  I photographed the bride’s Bat Mitzvah year’s ago so it will be a great experience to visit with the family and so many of their friends many of which are also my past clients.  So, if any of our wedding experienced DPT readers are interested, drop me a line.

Time for this week’s brand new Technique Tuesday – here we go…

New Cool Stylized Image Enhancement Techniques With Lightroom 4

Welcome to another Technique Tuesday.  I think I’ve got a good one for you today.  In today’s tutorial I’ll walk you through a few new retouching/enhancement tricks I learned in Lightroom 4.

I've been saying for months now that we photographers have two tremendous resources at our disposal when it comes to creating great images.  First off, we have the best digital cameras ever that let us capture the image like never before.

But more than that, we have the best software available too.  Today's iterations of Photoshop CS6 and Lightroom 4 are the best ever and are necessary upgrades to make.  Today it's not just about the hardware we use on the job, it's the software too that helps us finish that job the best we are able.  The combination of both gives us an unbelievable amount of versatility in creating our finished images.

Even though I got a great image in the camera, as you'll see in this tutorial, the brand new Lightroom 4 allowed me to push the image to an even more wonderfully stylized result that the hardware could not so easily do by itself.  But more that that, Lightroom 4 saves me a few more steps over to Photoshop in getting my result and makes my post-production duties even that much easier and quicker.

Why not hit the PLAY button to see what I'm talking about.  Enjoy! –David

_________________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  It’s back to the book before I call it a day today.  Have a great rest of the day and evening and I’ll see you soon.

Adios,  -David

3 comments:

  1. Send me an airfare from New Zealand and I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David,

    I sent this query before but got no response. Is it intentional that your opening remarks only come out of one speaker while your opening music and your sitting at the computer tutorial comes out of both speakers? It seems like a simple fix to get all audio to come out of both speakers.

    Love your tutorials.

    Thank you,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi John, Never noticed before. I record the opening with the Canon 5D MkIII - mono. The computer part is directly into the computer - stereo. I always assumed the Canon would record to both channels. When I get time, I'll have to check it out.
    Thanks, David

    ReplyDelete