Good Morning Everybody,
What can I say, it was quite the weekend – Dog racing at the Sarasota Kennel Club on Friday (I won a whopping $45), Rehearsal Dinner at the Beach House on Saturday, we did get a great sunset, and the wedding on Sunday at the Powel Crosley Estate. Even though I wasn’t the official photog, I still captured some beautiful images.
There is bound to be a Technique Tuesday in there somewhere. The father of the groom, Mark Garber and his wife Jennifer Gillman covered all the wedding formals and groups, and my good buddy, Al Gordon, a wonderful event photographer in the Tampa/Sarasota, Florida area covered the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception.
Even though I was mostly a guest, I just couldn’t resist picking up the camera for many of last evening’s wedding. It will be fun to go through them over these next few days. I was trying a few new ideas which I plan to share with you this week.
Today, we pack our bags and make the short drive over to Orlando. Photoshop World begins tomorrow morning with me presenting another sold out Wedding Pre-Con Wedding Shootout. Then everything really breaks loose as we really get into the swing of things with the official launch of Photoshop World on Wednesday – the Keynote this time around promises to be quite a hoot. More on Wednesday/Thursday ;~)
Well, that’s the weekend wrap up – how about we quickly get to Quick Hit Monday. Here we go….
Is Photoshop Dead?
OK, on the eve of Photoshop World, maybe that is a provocative question and your right, I don’t believe it for a minute. But after reading this story about the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP7 camera, you’ve got to wonder on it’s impact.
Here is the headline I read last week: Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP7: New Digital Camera Whitens Teeth, Erases Wrinkles and Applies Makeup. Sounds pretty interesting to me. Here is the link right here for the rest of the story. What do YOU think?
Best ISO For Low Noise
I came across this article a few days ago and since I’m such a high ISO speed freak, I had to check it out. I’ll tell ya’ this is one well written article for the geek technique kind of person complete with dozen’s of graphs and charts. It’s a good article on the best ISO for low noise on Canon 5D Mark II right here.
Photo Shop Resources Galore!
OK, we have Photoshop World kicking off this week. If you’ve never attended a Photoshop World Convention add this to your MUST do list of events. In honor of this fabulous event, I thought I’d load up today’s post with lots of Photoshop resources for our DPT readers. Hey, if you can’t make it to the convention, all these 6 links should keep you busy for the next few days ;~)
1. For starters download the How-To Geek Photoshop CS5 Cheat Sheet right here. Lot’s of keyboard shortcuts, tips and tricks.
2. This is one of my favorites. Too many times I have experienced these frustrations myself. Anyway, check out 10 Common Photoshop Frustrations (And How to Fix Them in Five Minutes) right here.
3. 30 Excellent Light Effects Photoshop Tutorials right here. I love geeking around with lighting effects in Photoshop. These tutorials are a great playground for really rolling up your sleeves and experimenting with lots of cool lighting effects.
4. 650+ Free Watercolor Photoshop Brushes right here. Hey, these look good for backgrounds with your high school senior/fashion shoots.
5. 30 Simple and Incredible Graffiti Art Tutorials right here. Another nice resource for some edgy portraits – all in good fun.
6. And finally, 20 Highly Useful Digital Painting Tutorials right here. Many of these images are way out there, but it is still a kick to see how the artist reached the final result – enjoy!
Hey gang, that’s it for me today. I never made it over to Lexjet’s new world headquarters last week. We’re going to try to make it there this morning before we head out to Orlando.
Anyway, enjoy the links today. I hope to see you tomorrow for another Technique Tuesday. I have to admit, time is super tight these next few days, but I’ll do me best.