Friday, January 14, 2011

Frenzied Friday: Heading To Imaging USA: and Quick Hit Sony TX9 Video

Good Afternoon Everybody,

Imaging USA 2011 I’m in San Antonio as you are reading this today. I wrote this well before it posted because we had a super early wake up call this morning. We are out the door by 6:00 am. heading to San Antonio, TX for the big Imaging USA Convention starting this weekend.  I hope to see a few of our DPT readers there so come on up and say “HI”.

I’ll be peeking in on a few programs and hanging at the trade show for the full three days.  My program is on the last day at 3:00 p.m. so I hope you’ll stick around for that too.

Quick Hit Sony Video

A few weeks ago I mentioned that I was taking DPT down to 3 days a week – LaDawn was thrilled.  The fact of the matter is that hasn’t really happened yet.  I just hated to skip a day.  What I have been doing is posting slighter shorter that usual on a few days though.  That’s going to be the case for today too.

I wanted to give you an update on the little Sony TX9 camera I picked up last week.  I am continually amazed by what this little camera can do – from super easy auto stitched panoramas to HD video. 

Emicsoft Converter Only one problem - the video records in .MPS format suitable for video editing.  That makes it hard to use it for much else unless you convert the .MPS file to something that’s easier to work with.  I’ve stumbled upon and downloaded Emisoft’s MTS Converter [link] for $35 and it works quite well converting the files to about any format.

Handbreak ConverterIf you only need  MP4 files, a free program, Handbrake [link] will do the job nicely.

Anyway, I thought you might like a peek at where video technology has gotten us so far.  Hit the PLAY button below and enjoy a short video I took at Disney last week. Yes, it was OK to shoot video using only available light during the show. 

Be sure to hit the “Expand Video” icon between HD and Vimeo on the PLAY bar to see the show in all it’s HD glory.  Remember too, that Vimeo downsized the video to 720p down from the original video resolution of 1980x1050 which looks great on our Sony Bravura TV. Anyway, let me know what you think. More info and videos on the Sony TX9 right here.

_____________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  I hope to see you in San Antonio next week.  Safe travels to all those attending the show.

See ya’ in Texas.

Adios, David

No comments:

Post a Comment