Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Midnight Blues"

24x35 - IMG_2711-Edit

"Midnight Blues"
©David A. Ziser

This is an image I made a few years ago.  I was experimenting with some different lighting effects in this image.  I was using my off camera flash but had gelled it with an CTO “Daylight to Tungsten” filter.  That means I was illuminating the couple with “tungsten” flavored light. 

To get the proper color balance on them, I needed to set the camera’s color balance to “tungsten” to match the color temperature of the illuminating light on them.  But doing that did something very interesting to the back ground – it turned it very, very blue.  Why, because the “tungsten” flavored flash didn’t affect the sky.  It was kind of cool to see the result.

Camera specs: Canon 5D MkII fitted with Sigma 12-24mm super wide angle lens at 15mm, F5.6 @ 1/30 second, ISO 400.  Enjoy!  David

No comments:

Post a Comment