Wednesday, December 05, 2007

And People Think My Photos are Expensive

So how much would you spend on an 8x10?? That famous price question has a good answer in this article entitled, "The Most Expensive Photographs Ever Sold right here at Photoprenuer. The big money getter was Andreas Gursky’s “99 Cent II Diptych” which sold for $3,350,000. Sure it was a big print - 7' x 11' - but that translates into a little more that $24,000 per 8x10 section of the print. Mr. Gursky sold another copy of the same print in April for 2,250,000 million - not bad work for the first four months of the year. Man, I've got to raise my prices. You can read more about this 52 year old photographer, Mr. Gursky, right here. Maybe I am in the wrong line of work :~)

1 comment:

  1. Hi David,

    You'll never know, from some of the digital arts pic. that you posted, perhaps someday you don't have to take wedding picture anymore :-)
    I am also started converting - or should I say - "painting", from my digital pictures recently and love it very much. No more smelling of turpentine all the time :-)

    Sam

    ReplyDelete