Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I’ve Been MIA For A Few Weeks; Must Be Blogging Doldrums

Good Afternoon Everybody,

I sure hope everyone survived Black Friday and Cyber Monday.  I’m glad I was nowhere near all that chaos.  Man, did you see some of the YouTube videos – it was craziness. You know for me, life is just too short to make Black Friday part of my holiday experience. Just my personal opinion!

I’ve Been MIA For A Few Weeks

MIAOn to more important things.  As you’ve probably noticed, I’ve been MIA for a short while.  I know it’s been troubling to me and maybe even to a few of my DPT readers.  After our two month travels to Europe, including the cruise, my batteries sure did get a tremendous recharge.  Maybe even life took on a different perspective.

Cruise ShipThe fact of the matter is that most of us are running in way to many directions missing special moments in our lives. I know that was true for me.  For most of the fall, LaDawn and I did not miss many of those special travel moments  and perhaps even enjoyed a life time’s worth in that time period. The fact of the matter is that I’m finding it difficult firing up my after-burners and continuing at the breakneck speed I’ve lived most of my life. It seems that I have found myself in the blogging doldrums and I’m having a little difficulty getting back up to speed with my daily posts.

DPT Is Still Important To Me

The blog has always been important to me.  It has always been a way for me to share with you my observations on photography and lighting, Photoshop and Lightroom, insights and experiences with new gear, tips and ideas on how you could enrich your businesses, and hopefully a healthy dose of inspiration along the way.  

There is just so much I want to write about - but the time continues to get away from me as other projects seem to take precedent.  So that has been what’s happening for me these last several weeks – finding the time and motivation to punch out 1,200 words a post at least three times a week knowing I’ve got a book to finish and the PPN Convention marketing campaign to launch.  I promised myself, and now I’m promising you my DPT readers that I will strive to get at least three new posts up this week.

PelicanWe are once again on our annual trip to Cabo San Lucas and are lucky to be here for the next few weeks.  I know, I know life is tough isn’t it.  Nobody gives us any mercy back home either ;~) For the next week I’ll be spending time getting the the marketing kicked off for our exciting PhotoPro Expo 2013 Convention.  Please, if you live anywhere within 600 miles of Cincinnati, Ohio and want to see the largest line-up of tremendous speakers in the industry, you owe it to yourself to check it out right here!

Let’s Get Ready To Roll

That said gang, tomorrow I’ll make it my TOP priority to get things moving again.  I thank everyone for their patience during this blogging doldrums days-of-my-life. – let’s just call it a blogging mid-course correction.

_______________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  Tomorrow I’ve got a post planned on lighting.  If I can get the internet to cooperate, I just may turn it into a Technique Tuesday on Wednesday.  Anyway, check back – something is sure to pop here at DPT.

Have A Great One Everybody!

-David

 

5 comments:

  1. If anyone deserves a break it is you. Enjoy this wonderful time of the year with your loved ones. Happy Holiday's!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries David! nice to hear your actually having fun and enjoying life a little!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was worried that you might be ill. Glad I was wrong. Good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. David,
    Glad you're back and on it.
    Though why put yourself through it?
    I subscribe to so many RSS feeds (yours included) that I really struggle to keep abreast of it all. Unfortunately, although I follow a diverse, but high calibre of photographer, there is a lot to sift through to get to the meat - the stuff worth saving and re-sharing. I'd much rather read one really good, thought provoking piece a week than 4000 words a week that's generally going to go in one ear and out the other.
    Apologies if I have caused offence, but you work so hard and share so much of your time, you really need to slow down!
    However you need to take all of the above with a pinch of salt as I can barely manage a post a fortnight myself at the moment.
    Kindest regards and a Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks David, this blog leaves plenty of information to be desired more especially in digital photography. It brings out the whole essence of photography and builds confidence in developing and growing in photography field. I also found interesting digital photography guides and I thought sharing the source. I hope it helps you too. http://shootdigitalpicslikethepros.com/blog/go1/free-report

    ReplyDelete