Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"With This Ring"

With This Ring2

"With This Ring"
© David A. Ziser

This image has always been one of my favorites.  It was part of a series I did for the bride and groom just a few hours prior to their wedding. The bride and groom were really into photographs. That' is always great inspiration for me as a wedding photographer. It allowed me to have plenty of time for images at the house, the park, church, around town, etc. We got a great set of images for her wedding coverage.

When doing the series for the couple, I love getting in close and just framing on portions of their faces, hands, rings, etc. To me, this truly captures the feelings between the two of them. I use a long lens so as not to invade “their space” and just let them be themselves.  The long lens and tight crop really makes for a nice wedding image.

Lighting was just the natural light at the park.  When capturing these photographs, I like to overexpose at least 1/2 stop for that slightly higher key, pastel effect.

Camera specs; Nikon D1x fitted with 80-200 F2.8 lens at 170mm, F3.5 @ 1/320 second, ISO 500. Enjoy! -David

No comments:

Post a Comment