Monday, June 06, 2011

"The First Time Ever... I Saw Your Face"

The First Time Ever...  I Saw Your Face0381_SchulerW11-Edit-Edit

"The First Time Ever...  I Saw Your Face"
© David A. Ziser

This was one of my favorite images I took at Friday's wedding. We were working in the magnificent Presidential Suite of the fabulous Royal Palms Resort and Spa.  The surrounds were amazing.  I was getting some really nice portrait images of the bride in front of this very large mirror.  I asked her to turn her head slightly till I had could see her beautiful profile.  LaDawn's flash placement, my Quantum through my Zumbrella at 1/16 power, camera right was perfect for the loop lighting pattern I wanted on her gorgeous face.

It was then I noticed her reflection in the mirror and thought if I could align her profile with her reflected profile in the mirror, I just might get one "dynamite" image.  I carefully positioned my camera angle to get the alignment perfect.  Finally in a second or two, I had it and clicked the shutter.  It was an amazing image - one of my all time favorites. 

With a few tears flowing the bride, the bridesmaids, and the bride's mother loved the image - so did I.

Camera specs: Canon 7D fitted with 18-200mm Is lens at 200mm, F 5.6 @ 1/50 second, ISO 800.  Enjoy!  -David

3 comments:

  1. Thank You David for demonstrating once again that great images can be created without the need for high end equipment. I'm constantly inspired by the awesome portraits you create with your 7D and 18-200mm. Too often photographers place far too much emphasis on their tools than their work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a word, lovely. Mr. Ziser, I'm the 'new' photographer you met at Jon & Bev's wedding last weekend (post-wedding brunch). Thank you so much for taking time to talk with me. I won't inundate you with questions....yet, but thanks again for your time, and for the many great blog posts!

    ReplyDelete