Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Technique Tuesday: Hidden Treasures – Learning To See Differently

Good Morning Everybody,

We have another easy day at the studio which should give me an opportunity to catch up on a few loose ends around here.  PhotoPro Summer-SchoolOur PhotoPro Network’s “Hot Times In The Summer” [link] happens in just two weeks so I hope you’ll check it out and come join us for an exciting and VERY informative couple of days.  It’s going to be a blast!

I’ve got another fine Technique Tuesday for you - fresh off the presses.  Today it’s about color and how to find hidden treasures in your compositions.  Why don’t we get right to it.

Hidden Treasures: Learning To See Differently

0001-Hidden Treasures - Garage-IMG_8177 I can’t tell you how many times I’m walking around looking at something thinking there’s not much there to photograph.  It’s only after I take the time to explore the surrounds that a wonderful composition will present itself to me.

That’s what happened the day I captured this image.  I give a bit of the back story in the “Image Of The Day” post above [link] but let me explain further.  Exploring a scene means more than just walking around and staring at it.  It’s more than that.  We need to explore the scene not just with our eyes but with our imagination as well.  We need to ask ourselves questions like; “What would it look like with a long telephoto lens, how about a wide angle lens?  How would it look from this direction or that, from a lower or higher perspective?  How about exposure, how should – could I light it to enhance the final result?”

Exploring the options is what brings joy to the photographic process.  Why not hit the PLAY button below to see what I’m talking about. I think you’ll enjoy today’s lesson.

_________________________________________________________

Hey gang, that’s it for me today.  We’ve got a pretty nice day in our part of the world so I just may make it a short day - stop and smell LaDawn’s roses, soak up the fresh air, summer breezes, warm sun.  Hope you get a chance to do the same in your neck of the woods ;~)

See ya’ tomorrow everybody,  -David

No comments:

Post a Comment