Good Afternoon Everybody,
Can you believe it - Lightroom 3 was just announced!!! That should be great news for most photogs out there. I've been using Lightroom 3 Beta 2 for several weeks now for our regular production work here at the studio. I have to say the I love it. Now with the final version finally released, I can't wait to dig in and try all the new features.
I've spent most of the morning getting caught up on the latest, greatest features, and watching about every video I can find online. Let me point you towards the most helpful resources I've found today to get up and running on a lot of the HOT new features.
1. CameraDoJo.com [link]: Kerry Garrison of CameraDoJo fame has a great interview right here with Tom Hogarty, the head honcho when it comes to Lightroom. Tom is the Senior Product Manager for LR3. The interview was a very good listen. Thanks for the scoop, Kerry, and way to go on LR3 opening day!
Kerry also has his own LR3 Learning Center right here pointing out some of the latest, greatest features. Be sure to give CameraDoJo.com a peek right here.
Wait, there's more. He's even posted a link to all the LR3 shortcut keys right here - WOW! Lots of great stuff Kerry, way to go!
2. Terry White also has a video featuring his 5 favorite new LR3 features right here. It's a short and sweet video and worth watching.
3. Scott Kelby and Matt Kloskowski put together the Lightroom 3 Training Center right here for the latest and greatest in LR3. Catch their 6 minute intro video where they go through their favorite top 10, well, 11 new features. The LR3 Learning Center is definitely worth a peek. There are several other good links listed too. Put on your Internet swimsuit and hit the surf.
4. Don't forget to check out Adobe TV right here for some solid LR3 learning too - always worth the visit.
5. Tom Hogarty and the entire Lightroom 3 team put together the "mother-load" of Lightroom 3 resources right here. This link will keep you pretty darn busy, but you may just become a LR3 guru when you are finished ;~)
Whew! I made it - a ton of great info right at your fingertips! Go for it! Now on with this week's Technique Tuesday...
The Lightroom 3 Secret Settings
Hey, I wanted to get into the Lightroom "free for all" too today. That's why I'm posting my first ever LR3 tutorial. It's a good one, too.
If you are like me, I have never been thrilled with the "Auto Tone" setting within any version of Lightroom. Granted, it continues to improve but it was never good enough for me to use routinely. That said, I've been working on an LR import presents that would change all that for our workflow around here. I'm up to version 12 right now, and, I have to say, I'm stoked with the new results.
FINALLY, I can import any job with my Lightroom3 Preset into Lightroom 3 and get GREAT results. About 90% of the images are now "tweak free" in the editing process - hip, hip, hooray!!! Production time is reduced substantially. It's kind of a 2 year Lightroom dream come true.
OK, I know I'm waxing fantastic about my Lightroom 3 import preset, so if you want to see what I'm talking about and see the results, hit the PLAY button below for the rest of the story. I'll show you my special LR3 Secret Settings that may save you a ton of time too. Enjoy!
Hey gang, that's it for me today. Lightroom 3 saved me so much time today, I just may take the rest of the day off - OK, just kidding, but I do need to hit the road. Everybody have a great one and I'll see you tomorrow for the rest of the story on my Canon 7D and "High Speed Sync: issue.
See ya' then, David